The Steering Group is also supported by an Advisory Board consisting of the 4 Local Authority representatives, 4 Voluntary Sector Councils, DWP, Black Country Consortium and the Black Country Chamber.
The Role Of The Steering Group
- Provide advice, support and direction to the project team
- Be a sounding board for the project team, to share knowledge and offer solutions where problems arise
- Monitor project progress against targets
- Monitor project finances
- Oversee commissioning of additional activities to support Talent Match target group
- Champion Talent Match its aims and objectives with key influencers and businesses
- Provide a communication link to partner organisations
- Open doors with other key partners (delivery and referral partners who could support Talent Match to achieve its aims and objectives
- Professor Ian Oakes – Chair, University of Wolverhampton
- Young Adult representatives including Co-Chairs
- Ian Darch – WVSC Accountable Body
- Kim Babb – Talent Match Project Manager
- Richard Beard – Young Leadership and Participation Officer
- DWP Representative
- Voluntary Sector representative
- Local Authority representative
Message from the chair
Messages from other representatives on the Talent Match Steering Group.
Hi my name is Jake Inscoe and many people would describe me as a kind, caring and bubbly person who is very hard working and has excellent communication skills. I am a young person at Central Hub and I am also a Co-Chair of the steering group, I make sure that everyone gets the chance to say how they feel about whatever is on the agenda. I also have the unique ability to be able to have a conversation with anyone about any subject so I ensure that every single person who comes to any of these meetings feels relaxed, comfortable and able to speak their mind.
My name is Kyle Harpin, I am a mentee at Central hub and a Steering Group Co-Chair. I started off my journey with no confidence and while I have been on the programme my confidence has sky rocketed. With the help of other mentees on Talent Match, we hosted a Charity Event for Cancer Research UK. I am starting a T-shirt printing business with help from Talent Match and the Princes Trust. When I first joined Talent Match, I didn’t have high hopes for it, I thought it was going to be a generic “Get into work” programme, but I was very wrong…. If I didn’t join Talent Match I most likely would have still been sat at home and doing nothing productive, Talent Match has brought out the best side of me and I can’t wait to see what the future holds.